The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the municipal bond industry, including state and local governmental entities, other borrowers, and investors. As unexpected expenses grow and expected revenues decline due to stay-at-home orders and other similar mandates, the industry is likely to encounter many areas of distress, which will directly impact municipal bonds, the issuers, and investors.
The webinar will begin with an overview of the current state of the municipal bond market from Danielle Moran, a journalist with Bloomberg News covering public finance. Our panelists will then discuss a few of the challenges facing the industry, including:
- Trends in New Issues and Secondary Market Pricing and Yields
- The Gatekeepers: Who Brings a Solution Together in a Distressed Credit?
- De-Stressing a Distressed Situation: The Role of the Independent Advisor
- Key Issues in a Restructuring
Schiff Hardin Partner Rick Frimmer will moderate the panel. Featured panelists include:
- Barnet Sherman, The Tenbar Group
- Jon K. Barasch, Intercontinental Exchange, Ice Data Services
- Thomas Buck, GlassRatner, a B. Riley Financial Company
- Ginny Housum, UMB Bank, N.A.
Request Webinar Recording