Katherine’s experience extends to:
- Helping owners of family and closely held businesses resolve succession issues, so that they can pass their businesses down to lower generations without selling the business or incurring a significant tax burden.
- Counseling clients on employee benefit and executive compensation issues.
- Helping private clients with estate planning and estate and trust administration.
- Advising non-profit entities with respect to organizational structure, planned giving, tax matters and corporate governance.
- Advising private companies on tax planning, including the structuring of limited partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies and S corporations.
- Counseling clients on contested tax matters.