Alex is committed to public service, with a recent focus on immigration and criminal law matters.
- Represents citizen of Burma (Myanmar) in application to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for asylum and withholding of removal from the United States.
- Obtained grant of asylum from the USCIS on behalf of a citizen of Togo, Africa.
- Represented young man in Cook County Juvenile Court on robbery-related charges.
- Obtained renewal of client’s deferred action for childhood arrivals and authorization to work in the United States.
- Secured mother’s co-guardianship over her adult son whose physical and mental disabilities prevented him from making needed medical decisions on his own.